Are you someone who loves to travel but is not able to because of the hectic schedule? Don’t worry this article is going to give you the right solution. If you reside in Noida or Delhi NCR, you can plan a short trip to the Sultanpur bird sanctuary Gurgaon and Damdama lake Gurgaon for a full day of fun with family and friends.
About the Destinations:
Sultanpur bird sanctuary Gurgaon
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary one of the most beautiful destinations of Gurgaon was declared as a National Park by the Government Haryana. Sultanpur bird sanctuary Gurgaon is a home to a variety of resident and migratory birds. The plethora of bird species of the migratory flock here after covering large distances from numerous parts of the Europe, Siberian Gulf and Central Asia.
What is in the Sultanpur bird sanctuary Gurgaon?
To make it easy for the tourists and visitors to watch the birds, there are around four towers which are constructed at different points of the sanctuary.
What all should you know?
- It is very important to keep in mind that Bird watching is a morning thing. So the best time to visit the sanctuary is around morning. 7:00 AM is the perfect time as you can watch birds which fly out of their nests at the time of sunrise and return back to their nest at the time of sunset.
- Always remember to carry a decent pair of binoculars so that you can enjoy the beautiful view of colorful birds.
- Make sure you are as quiet as it is possible so as there is no disturbance caused to the birds.
How to commute to the Sultanpur bird sanctuary Gurgaon?
You can either book a day cab from any car renting operator or just take your car to the Sanctuary, which is about 50 km from central part of Delhi. Also, you can book a bus via redbud or something to travel. The buses are easily available at the major bus stands of Delhi and are a comfortable way of transportation. You can also commute via the metro which runs in the heart and soul of Delhi. But the only minus point is that the sanctuary is quite far off from the Huda City metro station, hence it is not a good idea to use Metro if you are traveling with a bunch of friends and family members. Finding an uber or Ola from outside the Huda City metro can also be a task sometimes specially in summers.
Damdama lake Gurgaon
Damdama Lake is one of the most beautiful lake which is approximately 24 km south of Gurugram which is off the famous Gurugram-Alwar road. When you count up on the distance to reach this lake, its 64 km i.e. an hour or so drive from the central part of New Delhi. Talking about the vibe and feel of the place, Damdama lake Gurgaon has a very calming and peaceful vibe it.
What should you know about Damdama lake Gurgaon?
Damdamaa reservoir is in the Sohna district. It is worthy to note that Damdama is one of the biggest lakes of Haryana with an area stretching over 3,000 acres(12.14 km2). The story is that Damdama Lake was formed when an earthen dam was constructed under the British raj which was commissioned for the purpose of rain water harvesting around 1947.
Important Places to Check Out:
There is this famous Sulfur hot spring of Sohna Sulphur, Hot Spring at Sohna which is a religious check point for the tourists who believe in the medicinal values this hot spring gas for skin diseases. According to a famously believed legend, one of the pandav, Arjun had dug this well because he was thirsty and wanted water. Sohna is very near to Damdama lake Gurgaon
Rock Climbing is fun adventure sports that enthusiasts may want to try!
• The Damdama lake Gurgaon is at a Distance of 20 km (approx.) from Gurgaon.
• The entry timing are from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
• There is no entry fees to visit the lake
• You can enjoy Boating, kayaking, parasailing, angling etc with your family and friends.
• The cost of activities start from Rs. 700/- person